Saturday 20 June 2015

My Top 2 Foundations for Dry Skin


For many, many, many years, I have struggled with dry skin! What a nightmare. I'm sure if you are a dry skin sufferer also, you will feel my pain when I say that finding the right make up is EXTREMELY hard.

My dry skin is usually more noticeable on and around my nose, and my T-zone. Even with the right moisturiser and a good and healthy skincare routine, it just won't seem to go away! (although saying that it has settled down a little since I updated my skincare routine a few months ago - there will be a blog post about this coming soon so keep your eyes peeled) 


Now, the main problem with dry skin when you are applying make-up is that the foundation tends to 'cling' to the dry patches and kind of,  'flakes' - if you experience dry skin then you will know exactly what I am talking about. Imagine when you are exfoliating your skin and you rub away the dead skin, those 'flakey' bits of skin is sort of what it looks like when you apply certain foundations to dry skin patches - it's really hard to explain in writing! So as you can probably guess, this makes wearing foundation so difficult, because it just looks horrendous 90% of the time.

For months now I have been trying out different foundations (mainly drugstore, as I haven't found the confidence to branch out to higher end products yet, just in case they don't work on my skin, eek!) and testing which ones work best for my skin. I realise that everybody's skin is different, so my favourite foundations might be another person's worst nightmare! Saying that however, I came across two products which have worked an absolute dream for me and they have been given good reviews across a lot of dry skin sufferers (which is sweeeet!)


1. Revlon Colourstay

£12.49
find it here
I would say that this is probably my most used, go-to, holy grail kind of foundation at the moment. I get this in the shade 150 Buff or 180 Sand Beige when I have a bit more a tan. This foundation goes on so smoothly and is very high coverage, yet feels so lightweight! It is incredibly easy to blend and I feel like I can apply this to my full face in just a couple of minutes, perfect! With this foundation it works best with a primer/moisturiser just underneath, for which I use the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer that you can buy here. I get no dry, flakey, horrible looking patches on my skin and it doesnt budge all day! It is very easy to take off in the evening also! The only downside I would say about this product is that it does not have a pump (argh!!!). So unfortunately its just a case of pouring out the required amount onto the back of your hand and hoping you don't pour too much out, which happens to me more often than not! But overall, an amazing foundation. Make sure to pick up the Normal/Dry Skin formula. There have been many times were I have gone in, bought it, got home and realised I got the wrong formula, so check that first!


2. Rimmel Match Perfection 

£6.99
find it here
Alas, an amazing foundation with a PUMP. I find foundations that have a pump soooo much easier to use, as I can easily get the correct amount of product I need for my face. This foundation is a medium/high coverage and is very build-able, however, I would say that the Revlon Colourstay is a higher coverage foundation. So I like to use this on days where I don't need a full, heavy coverage or when I am having a fairly good skin day! It's again fairly easy to blend and leaves no dry, flakey patches - yay! It is again, a very lightweight foundation so genuinely feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. What I like most about this product is that it smells ah-may-zing, whereas the Colourstay foundation has that typical, sort of, 'foundation-y, product-y' smell (you know what I mean right?). I use this in the shade 010 Light Porcelain and 102 Light Nude when I have a bit more of a tan.

Both of these products are life-savers for me but I am still in the process of trialling. I really want to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, as I have heard that it is great for dry skin, so when and if i do get round to trying that product, I will be sure to update you on how it works for me!

Do you have dry skin? Have you found any foundations which work a dream for you?


lots of love, 

 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've tried the Rimmel Match Foundation and loved it but do find the shades slightly dark for my pale skin <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Light porcelain the one I use is usually really good for very pale skin. Have you tried that one? <3

      Delete

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig