Friday 13 November 2015

The God of All Hangover Cures

Just as a mini side note before I start this post, yes, I have put my Christmas decorations up early (I have an excuse however!) As I'm a uni student studying away from home, I will be going back home for a couple of weeks so I will technically only have them up for just over a month, which is more than acceptable, I think! Plus, I love Christmas so why the hell not?! 
Swiftly moving on, I don't know about you but I'm the sort of girl that likes to stay at home and have a cosy night in with lots of blankets, Netflix and a hot chocolate rather than going out clubbing every weekend! However, that being said, of course I do enjoy a good night out with the right people! One thing I particularly struggle with, is due to not drinking a lot on a regular basis, when I do drink (and drink a little bit too much), I reaaally feel it the next morning! I never usually feel sick on the night, but the next morning, no matter how much water I drink before bed, I always feel like death has just punched me in the stomach (I can't be the only one?)
I have seen around the internet a few different 'hangover cures' but none of them have ever worked for me what so ever, until I came across a few people talking about 'Milk Thistle'. What is Milk Thistle you ask? Milk Thistle is a herbal supplement which protects and detoxifies your vital liver functions and more. There are many health benefits surrounding this pretty amazing herb and there are studies showing that it helps with conditions such as cancer, high cholesterol, obesity, gallstones and even has skincare benefits. Incredible right? 
As someone that personally likes to look after my body and as I explained before I don't normally drink excessive amounts but by taking a couple of these on a night out, I really feel the benefit of them the next morning! 

I buy mine in tablet form and you can purchase them from health stores such as Holland and Barrett. When I bought mine they were on a half price sale so I got them super cheap but they are usually sold at a very reasonable price of £9.99 for 30 capsules, so if you are like me and don't get drunk very often, they will last you a long time!
I usually take one before I go out with a pint of water and the same when I get in before I go to bed and this honestly helps me a great deal! It takes away that horrible nauseous feeling when I wake up and I definitely feel fresh enough to face the day, so it's a winner in my eyes! 

Have you tried Milk Thistle before for a hangover? Did they work for you? 

Don't forget to click here and follow my blog over on Bloglovin
lots of love, 

 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig