Saturday 19 December 2015

Spiced Banana Bread with Chocolate Chunks | Blogmas Day 19


I'm back with yet another recipe *party popper emoji*. Banana bread is probably my favourite thing to bake and I thought that this time I would add some spices to it to give it that festive feel! I can assure you that if you bake this your taste buds will explode and your kitchen will smell like heaven. I genuinely sat in my kitchen for 45 minutes whilst it baked just so I could get multiple whiffs of the yummy goodness!
This is so incredibly simple to make (like the majority of the recipes on here, because well, me and difficult recipes don't go well together, ha!) If I can make this without burning the house down or poisoning myself then so can you! Can I just point out that this tastes absolutely amazing?! Oh. My. Goodness. The chocolate, banana and spices really blend well together. I had to restrain myself from eating it all. 

Ingredients
- 150g unsalted butter 
- 150g brown sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs 
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger 
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 50g chocolate, chopped 

Method
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C (fan), Gas Mark 4. 
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and then the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in all of the dry ingredients gradually. 
- Add the chocolate and fold into the mixture until evenly dispersed. 
- Grease a tin well with butter. 
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. 
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to finish cooling.

Please do let me know whether you decide to give this a go or not, I would love to see your attempts. You can tag me on Twitter or on Instagram. Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 

Have you tried this recipe? Have you been enjoying my blogmas? Let me know!


Don't forget to click here and follow my blog over on Bloglovin
lots of love, 
 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh this does look so so good! I love banana bread! Is this a flourless recipe?
    Deimante x
    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for pointing it out, forgot to put the flour in! Haha! x

      Delete
  2. Oh this does look so so good! I love banana bread! Is this a flourless recipe?
    Deimante x
    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig